Updating Content: Amazon Vendor Central
Detailed step-by-step instructions on how to update your title, bullet points, and product description copy on Amazon Vendor Central.
Navigating the complicated world of Amazon’s backend can sometimes feel overwhelming, from cryptic error messages to your Amazon contact copy and pasting the same workaround for the fourth time.
Due to the complicated nature of content management and uploading on Amazon, our operations team put together a simple guide to updating content on your Product Display Pages (PDPs).
- Looking for help updating content in Seller Central? Check out Updating Content: Amazon Seller Central.
Updating Items Manually
If your catalog is on the smaller side, or if you’re only looking to update a product or two, manual updates are the choice for you.
- When you first log in to Vendor Central, simply click on the Item’s tab, then click Catalog.
- From there, you can scroll the list or use the search field to locate the item(s) you would like to edit. Select the product(s) from the list and click the yellow “Edit Product Details” button. You’ll be redirected to the Edit Product Details page – here you can edit both backend and consumer-facing details, like the title and bullet points.
- HEADS UP: Prior to making a manual change, have all product details on hand as you may be required to update other attributes—even if you are not planning on changing them.
- Once you’ve made your changes, scroll down to submit your changes by clicking the “Submit and Continue” button. The item is then good to go and the listing should reflect the changes shortly!
Bulk Updates with File Feeds
Most Amazon Vendor Central catalogs, however, tend to be on the larger side, calling for a far more extensive process.
- Similar to manual uploads, when you enter the Vendor Central portal, click the Item’s tab, then click Catalog.
- Next, you’ll see a box labeled Product Name or Product ID.
- Enter the ASINs you plan on updating, then hit search.
- The first 20 ASINs will populate on the page.
- NOTE: If you’re working on more than 20 ASINs, you will need to expand the number of items on the page. If you hit download without expanding, the generated Excel file will only display those first 20 ASINs. Pages 2 through n will not be incorporated. We don’t understand it either, but we’ve been there before and we know how annoying that realization is.
- Once you’ve selected the batch of ASINs, click the download spreadsheet icon.
- You’ll be redirected to the Bulk Product Submissions page.
- If this is your first time downloading a file feed from Vendor Central, download the generated file.
- If it’s been a while since you’ve used Vendor Central, there may be multiple downloadable file feeds on this page from previous downloads. Make sure to select the most recently downloaded file.
- Once the Excel sheet is downloaded, open the file. Most of the details should already be auto-populated (one of the many perks of Amazon Vendor Central over Seller).
- One important distinction to keep in mind: the majority of cells marked as Required need to be filled in for successful uploads; most cells marked as Conditionally Required, however, typically are not as stringent.
- If a certain cell needs information, then a submission an error will be generated which will direct you to the cells requiring information.
- WARNING: Take caution when populating cells. If unwanted information is added to a cell by accident, you can override backend information.
- Populate the items in the spreadsheet that you want to update. Once they’re ready for upload to Amazon, save the spreadsheet and return to the Bulk Product Submissions page.
- Click the submissions tab; from there, upload the completed spreadsheet in the designated tab and then click upload.
- If there are no issues – congratulations! You’ve successfully updated your ASINs. If any issues occurred during the process, an error message will indicate the problematic ASINs and direct you to fix them.
If you receive cryptic error messages or you are uncertain what issues are impeding your process, outside help may be required. Our team of Amazon experts is more than happy to help get your products updated ASAP. Reach out to us HERE, and let’s get started.