Programmatic Advertising Strategist
The Programmatic Strategist will own Macarta’s relevant advertising strategy development, as well as execution, as needed, for brands across a variety of mediums and channels, priority being Amazon.com. The Programmatic Strategist is also responsible for working with vendors to turn valuable metrics and data into cohesive brand stories. They will work closely with Macarta’s Brand Management, Creative, Business Intelligence, Retail Media, & Amazon Search Advertising teams. The Programmatic Strategist will report to the Director of Programmatic.
- Own and maximize Macarta’s programmatic advertising planning & strategy; as well as assist in execution for all enrolled media clients
- Assist Programmatic Director in helping oversee junior-level employees and projects as it relates to advertising campaign builds, bid management, budget pacing and other ad-hoc projects
- Help manage & optimize programmatic campaigns
- Build strong ties between Macarta’s Advertising, Client Services & Creative Teams
- Own reporting, data, and story telling for all enrolled media clients
Advertising Operations & Management (70%)
- Attend key client meetings (remote and/or in person depending on location) when reviewing media plans/proposals, QBRs, and strategy meetings with marquee clients as needed
- Dissect advertising performance to identify additional optimization opportunities, strategic recommendations and impactful insights
- Regularly audit DSP performance, strategy & future-looking plans to ensure Macarta is delivering cutting-edge solutions
- Work with Macarta’s Director of Programmatic to resource plan and communicate when new resources (employees, systems, tools) are necessary to continue driving revenue for the advertising department
- “Think Big” and formulate outside-the-box media strategies for clients and work with internal teams to develop Media Proposals
- Develop and nurture relationships with our channel-partners & relevant media vendors
Cross-Department Collaboration (20%)
- Work cross-departmentally to identify opportunities to drive more intentional advertising campaigns and help our clients more effectively market to their target consumers
- Become intimately familiar with Macarta’s client roster and work with the Brand Manager team to identify opportunities for clients to expand into additional advertising opportunities
- Review best practices, test ideas & insights related programmatic strategies
- Attend industry events to ensure Macarta remains at the forefront of Retail Media and paid search strategies and best-practices
- Identify areas of opportunity for the teams to work better, faster, and smarter in order to present to Macarta leadership
- Investigate relevant advertising tools which can supplement or replace Macarta’s existing software partners
- Identify additional revenue opportunities for Macarta via upselling additional capabilities or services
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience managing Programmatic Campaigns, Amazon DSP, Trade Desk, Stack Adapt, or other ecommerce platforms a plus
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience working with 3rd party platforms for management and/or reporting (i.e. Pacvue, IntentWise, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Digital Marketing tenants and marketing journeys/funnels
- Analytically minded & extremely detail oriented
- Forward-thinking & eagerness to learn new things (platforms, channels, systems), willingness to ask questions, and work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to self manage and adhere to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (i.e. vlookup, filtering, pivot tables)
- Strong business interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Problem solving—comfortable diving in and conducting analysis to create out of the box solutions
We are on a mission to revolutionize the retail industry and bring human connection into every aspect of our business.
Macarta is one of the fastest growing agencies in the country. We are a full-service retail media agency, providing performance-driven management consulting to global brands. Our brand partners include the likes of The North Face, 3M, Wrangler, Mattel, and many more.
Macarta leans on years of deep sales channel management, content optimization, and advertising experience, leveraging proven technology to deliver increased revenue and profit for clients. With 90 employees and growing, our company headquarters are located in Denver with offices in San Diego, Mexico City, and São Paulo. Macarta has been recognized for the last 2 years on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing companies.
Macarta’s philosophy is anchored in 3 core pillars: Operational Excellence, People-First & Dynamic Innovation. We exist to help brands share their story with the world to maximize success on global marketplaces; we lead with purpose, we deliver with purpose, and we celebrate our purpose as one.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Salary: $70,000-$80,000/year
Salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and alignment with market data. We will provide more information on our benefits upon requests.
- Casual attire
- Flexible hours
- Dog-Friendly office
- Unlimited PTO
- App & Online Benefits portal access through Insperity
- 401k Plan Available
- 50% of Health Insurance Premium paid-for by Macarta, should employee opt-in