Director of Retail Media
We are seeking a leader who can drive both strategy & execution across paid search & programmatic advertising through retail media channels like Amazon, Walmart, PetCo, Target, Macy’s and others. The ideal candidate has a passion for data-driven storytelling and an acumen for articulating strategy to a wide spectrum of client stakeholders (Junior marketing teams to C-Suite). The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-moving environment and is an excellent communicator, both internally and externally. To be successful in this role, candidates must have a proven track record driving performance across the full marketing funnel, be hyper-organized and obsessed with client satisfaction, and have a team-driven mentality to manage with empathy and respect.
The Director, Retail Media will oversee Macarta’s Programmatic Advertising Team & Search Advertising Team. The Director, Retail Media will also collaborate with Macarta’s advertising leadership in Mexico and Brazil to explore cross-border opportunities with global / multinational clients. This role is responsible for implementing plans to further integrate both programmatic & search advertising departments with Macarta’s creative team, client services team & business intelligence team. Candidates are expected to have a deep understanding of digital marketing principles and have hands-on experience managing Retail Media campaigns and driving full-funnel marketing strategy & execution.
The Director of Retail Media will report to Macarta’s Vice President of Strategy & Client Services.
Strategic Leadership (30%)
- Obtain intimate understanding of Macarta’s client goals related to advertising & bring forward thinking ideas and strategies to the advertising & brand management teams
- Oversee media planning to ensure plans are thoughtful, cohesive and contextualized in our clients’ broader business objectives
- “Think Big” and formulate outside-the-box media strategies for clients and work with internal teams to develop Media Proposals
- Deliver media proposals to Macarta’s clients with confidence, empathy and a data-driven strategy
- Work cross-departmentally to identify innovation opportunities to drive more intentional advertising campaigns and help our clients more effectively market to their target consumers
Operations & Management (50%)
- Set goals for Advertising Teams which align with Macarta’s Executive Team goals for the business. Manage the team to these goals and report progress to the leadership team.
- Attend key client meetings (remote and/or in person) when reviewing media plans/proposals, QBRs, and “top-to-top” meetings with marquee clients
- Challenge the advertising teams to dissect performance to identify additional optimization opportunities, strategic recommendations and impactful insights
- Regularly audit and analyze Search & Display advertising performance, strategy & future-looking plans to ensure Macarta is delivering cutting-edge retail media solutions
- Oversee the team’s professional development and workload management
- Work with Macarta’s Vice President of Strategy & Client Services to resource plan to communicate when new resources (employees, systems, tools) are necessary to continue driving revenue from the advertising department
- Attend industry events to ensure Macarta remains at the forefront of Retail Media strategies and best-practices
- Identify areas of opportunity for the teams to work better, faster, and smarter and present to Macarta leadership
- Investigate relevant advertising tools which can supplement or replace Macarta’s existing software partners
- Identify additional revenue opportunities for Macarta via upselling additional capabilities or services
- Advise Macarta’s B2B Marketing coalition to different positioning strategies related to our advertising capabilities
Primary Objectives of the role:
- Unify the Programmatic and Search Advertising teams under one cohesive vision, in collaboration with Macarta Executive VP of Client Services
- Manage advertising team and ensure teams are forthcoming with ideas, recommendations and insights which Brand Managers can relay to clients
- Build strong ties between Macarta’s Advertising, Client Services & Creative Teams
- Develop a plan to grow Macarta’s advertising teams, capabilities and productivity
- 5+ years of significant experience in digital advertising strategy and execution
- 5+ years of managing digital advertising team(s)
- Hands-On Amazon and Walmart search & programmatic advertising experience
- Comfortable working with large data sets to derive insights and recommendations
- Deep understanding of the retail media landscape
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Collaborative mentality and a people-first philosophy
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ and find creative methods to achieve/exceed client goals
- Proven track-record of ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately
- Self-motivated, detail oriented in a results-driven environment
We are on a mission to revolutionize the retail industry and bring human connection into every aspect of our business.
Macarta is one of the fastest growing agencies in the country. We are a full-service retail media agency, providing performance-driven management consulting to global brands. Our brand partners include the likes of The North Face, 3M, Wrangler, Mattel, and many more.
Macarta leans on years of deep sales channel management, content optimization, and advertising experience, leveraging proven technology to deliver increased revenue and profit for clients. With 90 employees and growing, our company headquarters are located in Denver with offices in San Diego, Mexico City, and São Paulo. Macarta has been recognized for the last 2 years on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing companies.
Macarta’s philosophy is anchored in 3 core pillars: Operational Excellence, People-First & Dynamic Innovation. We exist to help brands share their story with the world to maximize success on global marketplaces; we lead with purpose, we deliver with purpose, and we celebrate our purpose as one.
- Salary: $100,000 – $115,000 per year
- Annual Bonus: TBD
- Commission: 10% of new business generated by referring employee
- Pay Schedule: Bi-Monthly
- In-office or hybrid
- Casual attire
- Flexible hours
- Dog-Friendly office
- Unlimited PTO
- App & Online Benefits portal access through Insperity
- 401k Plan Available
- 50% of Health Insurance Premium paid-for by Macarta, should employee opt-in